Design and Engineering Research and Development
Monaghan, Ireland, or Ripon, Calif., USA
The Design Technician will be responsible for preparing detailed construction and manufacturing drawings for our U.S.-based manufacturing facility. Working as part of a team, successful candidates must be motivated to manage their own workloads to meet specific delivery dates and standards of service.
- Prepare General Arrangement “GA” drawings in accordance with the International Building Code and City codes
- Develop details and specifications.
- Liaise with clients, architects, city engineers and build a strong client relationship.
- Assist the Design and Engineering Manager, as required.
- Maintain a system of management and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure that individual and team targets and deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Identify areas where improvement can be made and discuss with the Department Manager.
- A degree in Architectural Technology or equivalent professional/technical qualification plus two years of relevant experience; or a BTEC Higher Certificate/Diploma or equivalent qualification plus three years of relevant experience.
- Experience in preparing general arrangement “GA” drawings in accordance with the International Building Code and City codes.
- Liaise with clients, architects and city engineers, and build strong client relationships.
- Experience in the use of Auto-Cad Architectural “ACA” desirable.
- Experience in the wood-frame industry desirable.