Monaghan, Ireland, and Ripon, California, USA
The Estimator is responsible for preparing detailed cost estimates for a range of residential and commercial timber-frame projects. By reviewing construction blueprints, plans and product specifications, persons in this role will accurately determine the amount of materials, labor and plant, using company-approved software. Position reports to the senior vice president of estimating.
- Consult with clients, vendors or personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates.
- Obtain material and labor pricing and organize all the information necessary to aid in creating and submitting proposals to clients.
- Confer with relevant external and internal parties on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Highlight any areas of concern during each project
- Assist in the documentation of correspondence to clients, as required.
- Ensure that an exceptional level of customer service is delivered at all times.
- Ensure that individual and team targets and deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Identify areas where improvement can be made and discuss with the Department Manager.
- Relevant construction-related qualifications
- Financial or estimating background or equivalent working experience in a similar role
- Excellent ability to understand and interpret construction blueprints and plans
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with relevant cost-estimating software
- Experience consulting with clients and vendors to discuss and formulate estimates
- Proficiency in Material, Labor and Plant pricing and organizing all of the information necessary to create and submit proposals to clients
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent accuracy levels and detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills