Engineering Truss/Panel Designer
Monaghan, Ireland, or Ripon, Calif., USA
The Engineering Truss/Panel Designer is responsible for preparing manufacturing drawings, CNC information and site installation instructions for our U.S.-based manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will demonstrate a good working knowledge of construction principles, have good attention to detail and take initiative while working effectively as part of a team.
- Prepare manufacture and delivery documentation in a timely manner using proprietary truss and panel design software to applicable codes and standards.
- Problem solving of construction issues identified during the design and engineering process.
- Liaise with various customer representatives to ensure correct engineering of details in line with customer and company requirements.
- Provide support to manufacturing personnel in order to ensure projects are manufactured in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare detailed drawings and documentation to enable the correct and efficient construction of projects on site and in compliance with relevant codes and regulations.
- Provide support to customer and Entekra site personnel during the construction process.
- Assist the Design and Engineering Manager, as required.
- Maintain a system of management and ensure deadlines are met.
- A degree or equivalent professional/technical qualification plus two years of relevant experience; or a BTEC Higher Certificate/Diploma or equivalent qualification plus three years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the use of proprietary truss or panel design software.
- Experience in the use of Autodesk ACAD software.
- Excellent ability to understand and interpret construction drawings.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of wood frame construction desirable.