Contract Manager/Site Superintendent
Ripon, Calif., USA
Full-time, Regular – scheduled to be filled in August
The Contract Manager/Site Superintendent is responsible for developing and executing project plans, working in multi-disciplinary commercial construction and residential projects to ensure on-time and on-budget completion. The role will make safety and quality priorities in conjunction with effectively delegating work to field staff, contractors, and tradespeople.
- Demonstrate leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project; apply the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Entekra HS&E standards, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program.
- Ensure that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained.
- Develop, maintain and drive the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensure project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Issue materials and services purchase orders, confirm receipt of materials and return of equipment.
- Supervise field employees; ensure their work is planned and performed efficiently and their timesheets are accurately coded.
- Mentor project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Lead project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Maintain a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information.
- Perform other related duties as outlined in Entekra’s Construction Operations.
- Three to eight years of construction experience as a Superintendent on commercial construction and residential projects
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification/education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and stakeholders
- Proficiency with standard desktop software (Outlook, Word, Excel) and familiarity with scheduling software
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license